FORD TKX 5 Speed Transmission for Small Block Ford
- Gear ratio 2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1 .68od
- 26 spline input, 31 spline output Shafts
- Mechanical and Analog Electric speedo drive
- Torque rated for 600ft/lbs/ 8000rpm shifting
FORD 5 Speed TKX Transmission
- All new Slim End loading case designed for superior strength and greater tunnel clearance.
- Sintered carbon/bronze-Hybrid triple cone synchro’s with a non-leading tooth profile
- Wide gear ratio (2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.00, .68) high-performance applications Rated at 600+ft/lbs
- Utilizes Ford TKO bolt pattern 7.2″ length input shaft (with a short input shaft option can be bolt to a Ford wide pattern 3-4 speed bellhousings )
- 26-spline input shaft with a 31 spline output shaft for added strength.
- Ford .670 pilot tip and 1.430″ OD throwout bearing guild tube.
- Robust design with an internal 3-rail shift system & steel shift forks.
- All gears & shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) providing increased torque carrying capacity.
- Single-piece countershaft provides an increased torque carrying capacity
- Tapered roller bearings on input, output, and counter shafts improve performance (reduced noise factor) with caged needle bearing on the main shaft.
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean crisp shifts.
(Optional offset MDL shifter available for even more custom fit)
- New smaller mid-position shifter mounting base reduced footprint
- Built-in reverse light switch on the left side
- Cruise control safety-switch location on the right side of the TKX.
- Rear main-shaft support bushing moved from tail closer to the gearbox provides better support.
- All mating surfaces are sealed with gaskets
If you are making over 400-hp and need an update from your four-speed this is the transmission for you.
TKX offers even more:
- Three shifter locations standard. (For the Mid position, additional kit required)
- Ford Mechanical 7 tooth speedometer cable drive gear
- OSS two-wire Analog speedometer sensor built-in.
- Reduce engine rpm to a level that makes it fun to drive besides enhancing fuel efficiency.
- For all Tremec 5-Speed models, the recommended oils are:
- Amzoil ATF or Synchromesh
- Tremec High-Performance manual transmission Fluid (HP-MTF)
- GM Synchromesh
- Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF.
- Fluid capacity is 2.7 quarts / 2.6 Liters.